|Version 3 (modified by itadministrator, 5 years ago)|
The source code of client applications and tools is stored in a public SVN, Subversion control system. If you are not familiar with SVN, please visit their website http://subversion.tigris.org/ to learn how to get code out of an SVN repository.
The .tel code base is accessible in two ways:
- via an SVN check-out operation, which creates a local copy of http://dev.telnic.org/rep/
- online in the browser, which allows you to navigate through different code areas, view changes, etc.
The repository has the following structure:
- apps/ - Source code: root folder for all .tel client source code with subfolders for each client application; a directory with client code has trunk/, branches/ and tags/ folders to keep track of any parallel development we may be doing.
- site/ - Website material: trac/, pages/, docs/, etc. Everything for the website is here. Read the README file in this directory for instructions on updating the website.
- tools/ - Scripts and support: development and testing scripts, infrastructure.
If you want to submit a bug or a patch against the source code for the client applications or the website, check out the code, make your edits and submit them in a new ticket. Don't forget to follow the code maintenance guidelines; otherwise, your ticket may not be addressed.